An expedition to Ama Dablam is more than just a climb. It's a journey into the heart of the Himalaya. Located in the Khumbu valley of Nepal only 12 km from the summit of mount Everest, Ama Dablam demands the attention of every passer - by with its soaring ridge-lines and super steep faces as they guard the summit from all but the experienced climber. From the summit you are surrounded by a vista of peaks like no other, five of the six highest peaks in the world are clearly visible.
The first ascent [via the SW ridge] of Ama Dablam was not made until the mid 60's by a strong NZ/ USA team. The north ridge fell to a talented French team with nearly all ascents nowadays via the original SW ridge route.
Our ascent will also be made via the conventional SW ridge route, a technical route that requires 3500m of fixed ropes and four camps above base camp. The climbing on this route involves pure rock climbing on exquisite granite followed by mixed snow and rock climbing. The last section to the summit involves ice climbing followed by a long steep snow slope. Often ropes are employed all the way to the summit. The reasons for this are three- fold: safety, speed and success. Due to the technical nature of the route, ropes will be fixed for most of the climb above camp one. Prior experience in abseiling and mechanical ascenders [jumars] is mandatory.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Free in Kathmandu optional kathmandu city sightseeing, Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Official works for expedition and briefing.
Day 04: Kathmandu - Lukla by flight then trek to Phakding. Teahouse Lodge
Day 05: Phakding - Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge
Day 06: Namche - Acclimatization & rest. Teahouse Lodge
Day 07: Namche Bazar - Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge
Day 08: Thyangboche - Ama Dablam Base Camp. Tented Camp
Day 09-25: Climbing period for Ama Dablam expedition. Tented Camping.
Day 26: Ama Dablam Base camp - Thyangboche. Teahouse Lodge
Day 27: Thyangboche - Namche Bazaar. Teahouse Lodge
Day 28: Namche Bazaar - Phakding. Teahouse Lodge
Day 29: Phakding - Lukla then transfer to Khumbu Resort.Teahouse Lodge
Day 30: Early flight back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel Overnight.
Day 31: Free leisure day in Kathmandu.
Day 32:Departure, transfer to airport for your onward.
Day 01 : Arrival Kathmandu
Day 02 : Kathmandu
Day 03 : Prepared Expedition & Briefing.
Day 04 : Lukla and trek to Phakding - Lodge
Day 05 : Namche Bazaar - Lodge
Day 06 : Namche -Acclimatization - Lodge
Day 07 : Namche -Thyanboche Monastery Lodge
Day 08 : Thyanboche to Dingboche - Lodge
Day 09 : Dingboche - Chhukung - Island peak base camp - camping
Day 10 : High Camp of Island Peak - camping
Day 11 : Summit Island peak & come back Base camp & Chukkung - lodge
Day 12 : Chuhkung to Ama Dablam Base camp - camping
Day 13-28 : Climbing period for Ama Dablam - Camping
Day 29 : Base camp - Namche -Lodge
Day 30 : Namche - Phakding -Lodge
Day 31 : Phakding - Lukla - Lodge
Day 32 : Fly Lukla - Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 33 : Kathmandu
Day 34 : Kathmandu
Day 35 : Final Departures
- Airport transportation
- Accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax
- climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa per 02 members)
- Ama Dablam Expedition peak permit fee and all government taxes
- National Park Entrance fees
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing Mt. Ama Dablam
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- High Altitude New member and Sherpa tent EPI gas and burner for high climb.
Cost does not include:
- international arefare
- Nepal entry visa and Re-entry visa fees (Can be obtained at the airport on upon arrival).
- International airport departure tax.
- Personal local transportation in Kathmandu except above mentioned programs. Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- High altitude food, fuel Gas & stove above base camp.
- Major meals: Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
- All Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses. Personal nature expenses. Oxygen, Mask & regulator.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Book This Trip|