The Kanchenjunga and Olangchung Gola Trek is tough and we recommend it only to trekkers with previous experience of trekking at high altitude.
This is a long and adventurous trek to a remote part of Nepal, a region which sees far fewer trekkers than other areas because of itâ€™s remoteness. It is a fantastic trip where youâ€™ll see a lot fewer people than on many of the other trekking routes in Nepal. The trail explores the area around Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world.
We recommend a pure camping arrangement for this trek as most of the scattered lodges in this region are very basic (draughty stone huts with mud floors) and those above Ghunsa usually close down at the end of November. This trekâ€™s infrastructure, as far as tea houses, is considered basic and not developed like the Everest and Annapurna regions. However, the trail here is not anything like the other developed and over commercialized treks. It is quieter and truly off the beaten path.
Trekking in the Kanchenjunga region is relatively strenuous since the region is regarded as the most remote place of Nepal. The region offers an infinite variety of landscapes, cultures and panoramic views of the Himalayas. Walking on the low-lands of Nepal passing terraced fields, colorful villages, green forests, this trek enters into a ridge line of rhododendron and gains altitude as we reach Olangchung Gola(Walungchung Gola). Easily one of the best places in this region - Olangchung Gola is a fantastic alpine valley that is stunning both in scenery and culture.
From Olangchung Gola, we hike up the remote northern valley to towards Tibet. After crossing the Nango La to Ghunsa, we trek up north along the Kanchenjunga glacier to pay a visit to the North base camp at Pang Pema. From there our trail leads us across the village-laden middle hills of eastern Nepal before it comes to an end in Taplejung. The Kanchenjunga and Olangchung Gola Trek is tough and we recommend it only to trekkers with previous experience of trekking at high altitude.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Hille via Dhankuta.
Day 03: Trek from Hille to Mangmaya (1649m).
Day 04: Trek from Mangmaya to Khare (2490m).
Day 05: Trek from Khare to Chainpur (1600m).
Day 06: Trek from Chainpur to Nundhaki (2340m).
Day 07: Trek from Nundhaki to Milke Dhanda (3500m).
Day 08: Trek from Milke Dhanda to Dhoban./strong>
Day 09: Trek from Dhoban to Thuma.
Day 10: Trek from Thuma to Chirwa.
Day 11: Trek from Chirwa to Tortang.
Day 12: Trek from Tortang to Olangchung Gola.
Day 13: Rest at Olangchung Gola.
Day 14: Trek from Olangchung Gola to Nango Khola.
Day 15: Cross Nango La (4820m) and trek to Ghunsa (3340m).
Day 16: Rest at Ghunsa.
Day 17: Trek from Ghunsa to Kambachen (4124m)./strong>
Day 18: Trek from Kambachen to Lhonak (4780m).
Day 19: Trek from Lhonak to Pang Pema, North Base Camp.
Day 20: Rest at North Base Camp (4940m).
Day 21: Trek from North Base Camp to Ghunsa (3340m).
Day 22: Trek from Ghunsa to Amjillassa.
Day 23: Trek from Amjillassa to Chirwa./strong>
Day 24: Trek from Chirwa to Pathibhara.
Day 25: Trek from Pathibhara to Taplejung (1798m).
Day 26: Drive from Taplejung to Ilam. O/N in Illam.
Day 27: Drive from Ilam to Kathmandu via Biratnagar (174km).
Day 28: Trek from Kambachen to Lhonak (4780m).
Day 29: Departure from Kathmandu.
- Return transfers from International and Domestic airport to your hotel
- One night stay at the Hotel in Kathmandu
- All government taxes and Everest National Park entry fees
- TIMS CARD (Trekking Management System)
- Required number of experienced English speaking guides and support staff (we pay for their daily wages, insurances, trekking equipments, food and accommodation)
- Lodge accommodation during the trek on tea house services
- necessary ground transportation depending upon your request (via tourist bus or private vehicle)
- Flight tickets: Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathamndu for guide
- Trekking poles, sleeping bag (we provide these if necessary)
- All necessary Domestic airport taxes
- Trekking maps
- Rubbish disposal
- PNT service charge and government taxes
Cost does not include:
- Â†Â†All meals in Kathmandu.
- Tips to guides and support staff.
- Additional costs in case of emergency (You must have adequate travel insurance to cover any kind of emergencies).
- Your Internal flight tickets (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu).
- Additional medication for altitude sickness (Acetazolamide etc).
- Personal expenses and any other unforeseen expenses.
- Personal trekking equipment.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Book This Trip|